502 Street Scene Forums banner

21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
ZTM is my FAV!!!
1,771 Posts
personally, Id bore it and redo everything itd be like starting fresh with a new engine

·
Registered
396 Posts
I just want it stock for now...I just want to ride..l8r Ill get the 107cc head

·
!!!!!!
393 Posts
older 2 strokes are possibly the cheapest things that you could rebuild.. i wouldnt be too upset, a week and 150-200 bucks and youll have fun.

·
Registered
396 Posts
older 2 strokes are possibly the cheapest things that you could rebuild.. i wouldnt be too upset, a week and 150-200 bucks and youll have fun.
the only thing that upsets me is seller will not even try to help..Douch
I didnt have this bike 15 min and it blew

·
ZTM is my FAV!!!
1,771 Posts
this is one of those situations you learn from, and you gotta take it as positively as possible and walk away better from it

·
Registered
396 Posts
Im just letting buyers beware now...

·
Registered
396 Posts
well im sorry to hear that.. any help on the rebuild i would be willing to do.
Thanx man You work at ss by chance..lol

·
ZTM is my FAV!!!
1,771 Posts
Do it yourself man its not to hard can you work on a honda?

·
Registered
396 Posts
I work on hondas and dsms all day long...
Here is a letter seller wrote you tell me...
how to you know the crank was dry without splitting the case and why do you have to send out to get it split i thought your g/f dad was a motorcycle mechanic and i know that a 2 stroke does not take motor oil it takes gear oil for the transmission not for the crank no oil ever touches the crank or the rod

·
HI =].
202 Posts
i have a 98 kx125, your dumbass probably didnt mix the oil with gas.
THESE BIKES CANT FREEZE UP WITH NOT HAVING OIL IN THEM.
BUT THEY WILL IF YOU DONT MIX THE GAS.
so before you buy a 2 stroke next time learn about them.
retard.

·
( . Y . )
5,410 Posts
I work on hondas and dsms all day long...
Here is a letter seller wrote you tell me...
how to you know the crank was dry without splitting the case and why do you have to send out to get it split i thought your g/f dad was a motorcycle mechanic and i know that a 2 stroke does not take motor oil it takes gear oil for the transmission not for the crank no oil ever touches the crank or the rod
That has to be the DUMBEST thing i have ever heard. It takes Oil just like any other Motor out there. Just because it's 2 Stroke dont mean shit. It's not a damn 2 cycle weedeater.

A 75W/90 gear oil is actually about the same viscosity as a 10W/40 motor oil. I use to run Rotella T 15W/40 for about 2 years with zero problems

Just as long as it's a semi heavier oil it will work.

·
( . Y . )
5,410 Posts
retard.
UMM NOOO also on your part.

So your going to sit there and tell this guy that he is a dumbass that the motor wont freeze up with out Oil in the block?

Sounds like you need to learn about motors all together.

Not only will you fuck your Journal up on the crank. Along with demolish the piston and walls of the head you will be spending alot of money getting the head resleeved seeing how it will have nice holes and gashes in the cylinder walls. Thats 300 bucks right there then replace the piston and rings, along with fixing the fucked up crank and rod. wow

You are full of smart helpful information arnt you. Telling someone they are a dumbass when you are the one who clearly needs to learn about 2strokes and all other engines for that matter.

·
Registered
396 Posts
retard.
screw you I watched HIM top the tank with 2 stroke gas oil mix...so before you run your mouth get it straight.If you can read I said I didnt even get it home

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Wow warm family environent around here. As far as the rebuild goes bottom end is cheaper on these than the top. They are that damn nickel plated bore so your looking 50 to bore 200osh for plate and 130ish for all new piston kit and gaskets. If you want I work at a shop that only does dirtbikes and atvs I can work you up a quote once you tear it down I also have the same bike so I know them well.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Wow warm family environent around here. As far as the rebuild goes bottom end is cheaper on these than the top. They are that damn nickel plated bore so your looking 50 to bore 200osh for plate and 130ish for all new piston kit and gaskets. If you want I work at a shop that only does dirtbikes and atvs I can work you up a quote once you tear it down I also have the same bike so I know them well.
thank you I do have it tore down already just to try to see what all was wrong..I want to stick it back together now but I spent all my money on this hunk of shit...I have a house and family that get shelter and food first before this toy...The only thing my girlfreinds dad cant do to it is split the case ( he says it takes a special tool) He said without it you take a chance of screwing the crank up...If it not tore already

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
http://www.dirt-bike-tips-and-pics.com/2-stroke-dirt-bike.html
people need to learn about stuff before they speak
and as for helping you and giving you money back after you blew up the bike, screw you you had to go over 6 miles on the road to get home i bet you rode that thing in 6th gear with rpm's maxed out wow big surprise it blew up
and no way am i going to take your word you were babying it i herd it when you test drove it and when your g/f dad rode it balls to the wall

·
ZTM is my FAV!!!
1,771 Posts
I feel dumb I noted it was a two stroke then I forgot about I need more sleep

21 - 40 of 49 Posts