502 Street Scene Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my oil changed yesterday with some of this 0w50 eneos oil autolab has been selling recently and I can honestly say this is the only time I have ever noticed a difference in oil... The engine seems to run smoother and quieter and what is most amazing, and a definite difference, is that I have not heard Mitsubishi's famous valve tick on cold starts ever since I started using this oil. Not saying that it prevents it on all cars, but on mine it helped tremendously.

Thanks Autolab!

·
Happiness is a Pint away
5,193 Posts
it is some good stuff!

·
Lament Configuration
1,818 Posts
Bill, I know we talked about the weights you carry briefly when I dropped in the other day. 5W-30 is what the manual calls for. What weight would you recommend and if it is other than the factory fill weight, what benefit would that provide?

·
Lament Configuration
1,818 Posts
"It is about the same price as Mobil 1 and is sold in a 6qt 'case' with prices starting roughly around $45."

-from another post by Bill

·
Happiness is a Pint away
5,193 Posts
Id probly pick some up if they made in 10w30
they make a 10w30 but for all out performance applications its recommended to use their 0w50. It is just about the only grade we are going to move a lot of. Their 5w40 is what I would recommend for the Euro cars, except when turbocharged then we do 0w50. Everything else will do excellent with the 0w50, its their premier oil.

A 6qt case is $72+tax

-bill

·
Lament Configuration
1,818 Posts
I'm going to pick some of this up from you in about 500 miles. 0W50 for the STi too?

·
Epic Beard Man's Apprentice
4,413 Posts
they make a 10w30 but for all out performance applications its recommended to use their 0w50. It is just about the only grade we are going to move a lot of. Their 5w40 is what I would recommend for the Euro cars, except when turbocharged then we do 0w50. Everything else will do excellent with the 0w50, its their premier oil.

A 6qt case is $72+tax

-bill
Wouldnt a 0w oil just burn off a little too fast in a car that burns oil a little bit, my car was burning dino 10w30, and I switched to synthetic and havent had the issue so much, it burns a small small bit, but im afraid 0w wont last long in there

·
Happiness is a Pint away
5,193 Posts
yes 0w50 for the STi too.

travis, the 0w50 if anything would be an even better choice if your engine was consuming 10w30.

·
4,413 Posts
How is this, I always heard running 0w oils in high mileage cars is a big no no, the more worn the engine gets, the more heavier oil it needs to lube properly because of increased clearance in the crankcase from wear and tear, so a 0w oil would burn away fast

Sorry if i sound like a noob, I dont know cars too well :(

·
4,413 Posts
Cant edit my last post, im an idiot, but 0w50 is thicker than 10w30 , DOH.

I got mixed up, Wouldnt 0w50 slaughter your gas mileage though, with the engine having to crank through all that thick as hell oil?

·
Go Big Blue!
9,400 Posts
Cant edit my last post, im an idiot, but 0w50 is thicker than 10w30 , DOH.

I got mixed up, Wouldnt 0w50 slaughter your gas mileage though, with the engine having to crank through all that thick as hell oil?
Not anything you are going to notice

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
first number is the thickness of oil cold, second number is thickness of oil warmed up. The lower the number the thicker.

·
Lament Configuration
1,818 Posts
Hopefully I'll be in on Friday to pick up a case.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts