502 Street Scene Forums banner
1 - 20 of 201 Posts

·
Banned
8,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About a month ago, i started suffering from panic attacks to the point where it has completely ruined my social life. I know most wont understand why unless you've went through it.
Since then, I've seen my psychiatrist (whom i've went to five years already) and have been diagnosed with panic disorder. I was given Zoloft, but I cant take because it gives me severe indigestion.

My question is this:
Has anyone else been through this? Panic attacks? Panic disorder? Depression?
What was the extent of it? What helped you overcome them? How long did it take? Any medications?

Im trying to keep this as mature as possible, but I understand that it is ME posting this.. so I'm sure it will derail eventually.
Regardless, if anyone could please be mature and give me input that could possibly help, it would be greatly appreciated.

·
doesn't know what to put here
694 Posts
keepint it on topic Josh, is that why you made the thread saying you were dying and shit?

and yeah...sooner than later it will derail.

·
Banned
8,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Long story short, yes. It's hard to explain to someone who's never experienced it before (not saying you haven't, just.. in general) but it was probably the scariest experience of my life the first time it happened and I didn't know what to do. I obviously felt like an idiot, but there wasn't much I could do about it afterwards.

·
694 Posts
the gay guy that does my hair has panic attacks every time Fergie comes on the radio.

yeah they all do....

on the other side Josh, no i dont know what is like but i can imagine. at least you are not hated on so much anymore...so you getting better i take it?

edit: Fergie is hawt....if i had the choice on which celebrity i wanted to marry it'd be her or Alicia Keys.

·
694 Posts
yeah but then again... i all about love.. get it?

edit: i just think shes sexy, very sexy.

·
694 Posts
oh well she got enough money to make it look better...

·
doesn't drive a probe
133 Posts
I used to have panic attacks all the time, when I got really stressed out. I don't want to sound like I'm crazy because I'm not, but I was also diagnosed with an anxiety disorder and obsessive compulsive disorder. Since then I have been taking medicine daily and most of my symptoms have depreciated and became tolerable. I can understand what you're going through, it's hard to deal with it at first. But there are lots of medications out there, I had to take 4 different kinds before I found one that I could tolerate the side effects of. It gets better.

wow I can't believe I just typed a serious comment to the joshualeet with no ghey jokes.

·
Registered
6,202 Posts
Hm thats ironic. I just watched TRUE LIFE I have a panic disorder or something like that on MTV yesterday. I guess I can understand how it happens and stuff. But for the most part it seemed like everyone was able to overcome it.

·
Extra Crispy
2,335 Posts
i started having mild panic attacks a year or so ago because of some really stressful shit going on. i never had a full on attack. i don't know if it was because i knew what was going on so i always knew to control my breathing and stay calm or if i just didn't really have it that bad. there are behavioral techniques that teach you to not freak out when you get the symptoms, thus making the attack less severe. you should talk to your dr about them. i'm also confused as to why the dr gave you an anti depressant for anxiety issues. they have medication, buspar, specifically for anxiety.

i almost get the impression that you might be a liar.

·
sorry 'bout my face
10,153 Posts
I don't want to sound like I'm crazy because I'm not
No, you are.

joshualeet a psychiatrist will prescribe zoloft to any dramaqueen that sits in his office and cries about what people say about him on a message board. You're what, 19? Grow the fuck up and learn how to control it unless you wanna be a numb-bot the rest of your life. Medication is for quitters and people who actually have problems.

·
The P stands for Awesome
6,519 Posts
My dad has anxiety problems, they give him xanax...
I hope I never have any problems like that...part of the reason I just rid my life of any kind of stress and have a oh fuckin who cares attitude towards everything.

·
doesn't drive a probe
133 Posts
No, you are.

joshualeet a psychiatrist will prescribe zoloft to any dramaqueen that sits in his office and cries about what people say about him on a message board. You're what, 19? Grow the fuck up and learn how to control it unless you wanna be a numb-bot the rest of your life. Medication is for quitters and people who actually have problems.
You can't really judge someone until you are in their shoes... Maybe he really is lying, maybe he's telling truth, either way, you don't know what he goes through, it might be worse than you think. :twocents:

·
yea
5,092 Posts
No, you are.

you sir are a serious fuckin asshole. if he has been going to a psychiatrist for 5 years i highly doubt he is faking it.

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
GSXtacy is a hard mother fucker behind that keyboard

1 - 20 of 201 Posts