502 Street Scene Forums banner

Should the GM be able to sell the restaurant?

441 - 460 of 466 Posts

·
pavement sucks.
12,784 Posts
The problem is that on paper, the GM seems to be the owner, and the owner has no paper trail to follow. Thus it wouldn't stand up in court.

What sucks is the GM being a spineless worm and selling the biz from under the owner and former friend, then skipping town in his Scion.

But like has been said before, communication is key.

·
Registered
291 Posts
The problem is that on paper, the GM seems to be the owner, and the owner has no paper trail to follow. Thus it wouldn't stand up in court.

What sucks is the GM being a spineless worm and selling the biz from under the owner and former friend, then skipping town in his Scion.

But like has been said before, communication is key.
oops :teehee:

·
Dealer in Destructive Service
4,925 Posts
This is an interesting chain of events. Funny. I figured it was bound to happen tho. History right? It repeats itself. sort of. People get overzelous, power hungry with thier little internet personalities, a little tug of war happens. People defect, rebuild, the cycle starts over again. Pretty much what 'we' did. By we I mean myself with the help of a lot of people.

All boils down to trust I guess. You trust people, and they buddy fuck you. Shitty situation. I originally 'owned' this place. I think it's called intellectual property or something. I'm not a brainiac. I concieved it, got the ball rolling, paid for the hosting at first, then nester offered to take it. Thought he was a trustworthy guy so I said cool.

Time came I was doing nothing with my life, decided I needed to focus on other things, boom, handed it over to my buddy, norton. Norton got fucked. Happens to the best of us I guess. I never really cared about the value of the board. I just wanted a place where people could share their common interests and speak freely (that made it fun). Unfortunately once you start doing all the behind the scenes shit the fun is gone. That was another reason for stepping back. I'm trailing off... whatever. The marine corps has made me retarded I know.

Anyway, Norton. I hate it for ya. But you can always start over. Anyone can.

The name, the software, the sponsors, etc.... they don't make the board. The members do!

Pick up, start over. Best of luck.

Nester; you're a shady fuck bro. Karma. That's all I got to say. Then you run like a bitch? At least be a man and stand up.

-Kyle O.

·
Premium Member
26,373 Posts
This is an interesting chain of events. Funny. I figured it was bound to happen tho. History right? It repeats itself. sort of. People get overzelous, power hungry with thier little internet personalities, a little tug of war happens. People defect, rebuild, the cycle starts over again. Pretty much what 'we' did. By we I mean myself with the help of a lot of people.

All boils down to trust I guess. You trust people, and they buddy fuck you. Shitty situation. I originally 'owned' this place. I think it's called intellectual property or something. I'm not a brainiac. I concieved it, got the ball rolling, paid for the hosting at first, then nester offered to take it. Thought he was a trustworthy guy so I said cool.

Time came I was doing nothing with my life, decided I needed to focus on other things, boom, handed it over to my buddy, norton. Norton got fucked. Happens to the best of us I guess. I never really cared about the value of the board. I just wanted a place where people could share their common interests and speak freely (that made it fun). Unfortunately once you start doing all the behind the scenes shit the fun is gone. That was another reason for stepping back. I'm trailing off... whatever. The marine corps has made me retarded I know.

The name, the software, the sponsors, etc.... they don't make the board. The members do!

Nester; you're a shady fuck bro. Karma. That's all I got to say. Then you run like a bitch? At least be a man and stand up.

-Kyle O.
Oh shit...

Well I guess that clears up who owns it.

Intellectual property is transferable.

Hmm.. The more I think about it.... This may not just be a moral issue anymore.

·
Go Big Blue!
9,400 Posts

-Kyle O.
BOOYA!

·
Haters gonna Hate
2,994 Posts
IMO Norton is the true owner of the board. In the very beginning when I first started dating KyleO and he was telling me about the board, he said that he had given up his rights to the board and handed them over to Norton. Just throwing that out there in case people were still confused...

·
has nice headlights
16,048 Posts
I just read every word of this thread, and all I can say is, wow. I have nothing to do with this except for being an OG, and my stomach is turning. I feel sick over this because I know that this board has just hit rock bottom. I doubt it will ever recover. If we could only rewind this board to 4 years ago, when it was fun.

·
Still Sippin' Their Kool-Aid
10,681 Posts
I just read every word of this thread, and all I can say is, wow. I have nothing to do with this except for being an OG, and my stomach is turning. I feel sick over this because I know that this board has just hit rock bottom. I doubt it will ever recover. If we could only rewind this board to 4 years ago, when it was fun.
:hs:

·
da juice was worth da squeeze
7,343 Posts
Wait a second. It is in fucking writing that Kyle gave Norton the board. Legally that is a binding contract in itself stating that Norton owns the board, furthermore, Norton also has PMs sent to Nester stating that he is the owner and Nester is the receive the proceeds from the sponsors for his work he is doing and registering the name. IMHO I think Norton has a case in court and has a good shot to win. Verbal contracts can even hold up in court. Hell this is written down on the damn Intraweb so I'm sure it is more than enough with the PMs. So really it was illegal what Nester did and also immoral, they do always say you are who you run with. Look at who Nester runs with.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Bad communication and bad morals.

I may have not of been here from the beginning but I read the entire thread and that is all I have gathered from this. Kyle started it. People trusted people. People got fucked. But the site's still here.

I'm not against migrating to a new site but like others have said, that wouldn't really hurt the people who "did the real damage".

Something like this happened to me a LONG ass time ago when I was into Yahoo! Messenger and booting programs and shit. The difference is the current situation with this site is a little more complicated, being that Nester ended up paying for most of the things on the site to keep it running. Anyway, I made a site called Sp3c13s.com, my girlfriends boyfriend used his credit card to pay for the hosting (I was only about 15 and had no way to do that). So he would pay half and I would pay half, as long as I made him "second" admin on the site, even though he technically didn't do shit...I did all the HTML editing, all the graphics, all the programming, all the content, all the uploading, etc. Then one day, he thought I had told my sister to break up with him, so he decided he was "taking the site" from me, by changing the admin password, and everything else. Bam, that was it. The site wasn't mine anymore, even though I had done EVERYTHING on it. I was pissed, but it's nothing now. Shit happens. I think it's 10x worse on the 'Net 'cause it's so much easier to fuck people over with passwords and shit. Btw he still owns it and it is still up. Pretty sad shit seeing as it hasn't changed ONE BIT from when I was kicked from my OWN site. Oh well though, I've progressed much more from those times, and I'm proud to say now that I'm not a part of that shit anymore anyway.

But back to this site; the good thing is that most of the long time mods/admins are still here, and thus they are keeping the original feel with the site. Now if communist shit started going down where all the admins and mods dissapeared and we had an all new staff, I'd leave, but as of now, they're all still here and I still feel comfortable on this site, even though the "superadmin" or whatever the hell it's called has taken over. Lol. I welcome Andrew, but I wouldn't say I welcome him with wide, open arms. He seems like a good guy and I hope that it all works out.

o ya guyz @ zpi can i get an awesome turbo for muh teggy???//

*edit* oh and I put Yes as my vote at the beginning because of the fact that the "GM" ended up owning most of the stuff and therefore to me really he owned the business, although he was not the original owner and didn't come up with the original idea. Really this thing would have to be played out in court with Lawyers and such to see who really is entitled to the site, and who gets what.

·
Hates Ricers!
9,850 Posts
Well, that was a good read. I didn't now the board was sold or ZPI was no longer with us.

·
has nice headlights
16,048 Posts
Theres more to life than 502...... however shitty that was.
For the most part, everyone here does have an life outside of 502, I can't speak for everyone because some just really don't have a life LOL. For a lot of people, many of their friends are a part of 502 and/or have always been a part of 502, which makes 502 a part of their life, online and offline. I can say I would have never met my husband if it wasn't for 502, and many others wouldn't have met their significant others without 502. Since 502 was started by friends, to some, 502 is their life.

441 - 460 of 466 Posts