502 Street Scene Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
One Sick EF
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any one boost a zc dohc? i want to run low boost 4-8 lbs, my question is on that motor is there any thing that is crucial to be changed first. like the rods or head studs?

·
back at it again
7,198 Posts
i would always put a new head gasket and arp head studs in anything if you are gonna boost it honestly and also do water pump and timing belt all that good stuff but thats me personally

·
1,207 Posts
i would always put a new head gasket and arp head studs in anything if you are gonna boost it honestly and also do water pump and timing belt all that good stuff but thats me personally
x2

·
Mr. Bad Luck
917 Posts
I think one of the few people on here who have one, there strong motors as long as your tuning is decent. I've been running 7 pounds with no problems. Now I've got a t3/t4 and I'm probably turning the boost up to like 10-11. I guess we'll see how that goes. How many miles are on your motor? Compression?

·
Premium Member
3,976 Posts
The motors are comparable to the single cam D16's. The weak point is the rods. The Greddy kit for the 92-95 single cam Civics was actually made for the ZC in Japan first so the motor can take what that kit makes in terms of power.

·
One Sick EF
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yes dustin its in your old rex, i ordered a jdm zc it will be here today. but ive got some work to do before i drop the zc in. everyone who has posted i appreciate your help and input, lets keep it rolling, what do you think of painting a crx honda championship white? let me know, keep the posts rollin

·
One Sick EF
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
does anyone know how much boost it will handle before i have to sleeve it

·
Mr. Bad Luck
917 Posts
You can't go by boost, you have to go by horsepower. You should be able to get around 250-300 hp on a stock zc with a decent turbo set up.

·
TRW built
1,147 Posts
i wouldnt go past 7psi on a stock block. ive have a d series on 12psi before and it lasted about 3 weeks before it throw a rod. def put what klink said on it before you go boostin away or you will be picking rod pieces out of your oil pan

·
Why are you reading this
2,907 Posts
take time with your initial build.... it will save you much time and money down the road to build it how you want correctly the first time.

·
One Sick EF
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
see this is the info i like to hear, now were can i get decent rods at a decent price

1 - 13 of 13 Posts