·
Registered
1,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Reactions: mrjingles8705

·
LOL!!!
629 Posts
:ugh2: That is damn fugly, I would think all that junk has got to be heavy as well.

I'm just happy with the 0.308 drag coefficient that my car came with from the factory.

·
Registered
11,024 Posts
i would have to say because of shitty construction that it probably doesn't do nearly as well as he claims. although i'm sure there is some marginal improvement

·
Cameron Crazie
5,638 Posts
Is gas really that big of a deal to do that, he allready spent $400 I dont see him saving that.

·
Ecu HackAr
6,059 Posts
that boat tail acts as a wheely bar for all the up draft coming under the car and the extra downdraft on the top along with the weight, it keeps it planted so he can go 90 mph and start flying...... I didn't think you could beat a ricer modding cars until I seen this.

·
Registered
9,306 Posts
that boat tail acts as a wheely bar for all the up draft coming under the car and the extra downdraft on the top along with the weight, it keeps it planted so he can go 90 mph and start flying...... I didn't think you could beat a ricer modding cars until I seen this.
His mods are legit, not pretty, but unlike ricers his actually serve a purpose. That boat tail mitigates turbulence.

·
pavement sucks.
12,784 Posts
Hell, getting 14mpg in my Cherokee... I'd drive that spaceship if it meant getting 90mpg. 6x better fuel efficiency means more money in my pocket.

·
Ecu HackAr
6,059 Posts
. That boat tail mitigates turbulence.[/QUOTE]

but the jagged lines and gaps in the body panels/cover are enough the make up for it, He should be more worried about drag instead of turbulence.

·
This is my Boomstick
2,165 Posts
wow, that looks like shit, but cool concept if it works, but damn, he needs to clean up the wiring and body work a little

·
Etchisketchistan
2,921 Posts
His mods are legit, not pretty, but unlike ricers his actually serve a purpose. That boat tail mitigates turbulence.
Yep. The tail is probably the most important part of that...ahem...design, especially on a hatch. The drag created by the sudden drop off on hatches and similarly on trailers provides severe drag penalties. The more the car resembles a teardrop shape the lower the drag COF.

·
Premium Member
2,950 Posts
I'm very tempted to get on there and rip the guy to shreds.
with all due respect, and remember, i said "with all due respect"

There is some irony in that statement if you remember what the pics of your car look like in this old thread.

http://www.502streetscene.net/forum/showthread.php?t=59564

hey man, ive grown to like you more than i used to, but i have to say you did a less purposeful randition of the same damn thing a while ago, so to say you are going to "rip the guy to shreds" would first require you to lead by example.

·
Cameron Crazie
5,638 Posts
We all had are ricer times but i got the:redxd: for Zanders car, I wanna see what it looks like lol

·
showing you who's boss!!
12,245 Posts
You'd think if he spent two years on that he would at least paint it to match....that is the most god-awful thing I've ever seen, regardless of the benefit, which I'm sure is minimal.

·
pavement sucks.
12,784 Posts
You'd think if he spent two years on that he would at least paint it to match....that is the most god-awful thing I've ever seen, regardless of the benefit, which I'm sure is minimal.
Umm, the ugly 90mpg honda would pull... :eek:

basjoos said:
I don't know why the performance types were making negative comments about my car. Many of the mods on my car are the same as the ones they use on the Bonneville Salt Flat unlimited speed cars to increase their maximum speeds. And the max speed of my car is considerably higher than it used to be (about 40mph higher) and the performance in the quasi-legal 70-90mph speed range is much improved over stock dispite no changes made to the engine.
http://forum.ecomodder.com/showpost.php?p=2728&postcount=9

1 - 20 of 30 Posts