502 Street Scene Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
RIP
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cant decide which to get, they both look good and from what i understand.

Bioshock's story looks really interesting, but no online play. COD4 looks like great online play, and single player seems like it would be just another war game.

Any insights?

·
Premium Member
13,571 Posts
Well, you pretty much nailed the descriptions, so you have to decide if you want a great, engaging, memorable experience with bioshock, or you want an intense, but short story, with excellent online play via COD4.

Personally, I have to tell you to get both. :eek:

·
Best watch yo' self
2,381 Posts
I'd have to agree, you want COD4. The single player was, in my opinion, surprisingly good. It was rather short, but I can see myself playing through it again in the future. It was very well done.

The multiplayer is fairly solid, I'll probably make the switch from CS:S to COD4 this summer, depending on what oppurtunities arise.

·
Registered
8,228 Posts
I have to admit I like COD4, but I've only had it 2 days and almost beat it. Its really pissing me off how short it is. But what can I say. The graphics are amazing, and of course you have online play.

·
capn' slaughter
3,922 Posts
I have them both and theyre both great games, cod4 is very short, beat it in two days. Bioshock is a great game, i thought about going back through and beating it again. I would have to say get both also.

·
FWD FTL!
695 Posts
COD4>BIOSHOCK

·
I don't like you.
16,086 Posts
i own and love both.

depends if you want to play online or single player

single = bioshock
online = COD4

·
showing you who's boss!!
12,245 Posts
Bioshock has a completely different feel, and completely different strategy. COD4 is NOT just run and gun though, you do that and the game gets VERY hard VERY quick...

I bought both, and played COD4 first, and STILL play it online almost daily. Bioshock has gotten some use, but hasnt really HOOKED me yet...well, that first Big Daddy fight was INTENSE.

·
Gills not Grills
1,237 Posts
Bioshock is fun to play for the first time, but has little to no replay value. COD4 on the other hand is well worth the money.

·
Registered
300 Posts
It depends on what you like to play. COD4 is one, if not the best war game or any game out. It is very short but the replay value is there. Online is addicting, so be ready. BioShock is a great game but in all honesty, how beefy of a machine do you own? BioShock takes more horsepower to get the real feel for it. COD4, even at the lowest settings, looks great.

·
WHY DID YOU TURN??!!?
5,893 Posts
bioshock is a great single player game. COD is great single & multiplayer.

·
sar - ko - uh
3,368 Posts
Bioshock's atmosphere is thick enough to envelope a small country. Mechanically it's an above average shooter, but the ambience created by the audio/visual package has no equal.

Buy Bioshock, play through it once or twice, and then pick up CoD4.

·
Premium Member
13,571 Posts
It depends on what you like to play. COD4 is one, if not the best war game or any game out. It is very short but the replay value is there. Online is addicting, so be ready. BioShock is a great game but in all honesty, how beefy of a machine do you own? BioShock takes more horsepower to get the real feel for it. COD4, even at the lowest settings, looks great.
Well, i guess I assumed he was talking about the 360 versions.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts