502 Street Scene Forums banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Can Raw time The Stig!
7,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I need tires, which some think I do, I'll move on up to 33's. Now I rarely drive the TJ on the street, but I still do. I still need to drive it to HnH and back. And I'll use it for pulling people out in the snow.

The jeep will occasionally see sand. And I need to be able to land a small recue craft into a flooded muddy as hell terrible weather situation. (Swift water rescue) The boat(s) I would tow are going to be 14 foot inflatables with specially designed lower units. They don't weigh a lot, but when the shit hits the fan I need to be able to drop this boat almost anywhere. River mud is deep, and sticks to teh tires. Myself and Rich (Boiler) had my ZJ in some lite mud on teh river. It was not high centered but all four wheels were turning and hte jeep was going nowhere. (Of course being who I am I did get it out :) )

I'd like the tire to had treads on the side of the wheels as well. For getting up a climb from the side, or if I need to turn the wheel all the way over and dump the clutch in third to right the jeep.

Noise is of no concern to me. This is my TJ. It's meant for offroad use and the occasional drive around town with the top/doors off.
So what is the tire for me?:dunno: Or do I need to invest in a tracked vehicle.:loco:

·
Brutalizing Members Since 03
14,852 Posts
If I need tires, which some think I do, I'll move on up to 33's. Now I rarely drive the TJ on the street, but I still do. I still need to drive it to HnH and back. And I'll use it for pulling people out in the snow.

The jeep will occasionally see sand. And I need to be able to land a small recue craft into a flooded muddy as hell terrible weather situation. (Swift water rescue) The boat(s) I would tow are going to be 14 foot inflatables with specially designed lower units. They don't weigh a lot, but when the shit hits the fan I need to be able to drop this boat almost anywhere. River mud is deep, and sticks to teh tires. Myself and Rich (Boiler) had my ZJ in some lite mud on teh river. It was not high centered but all four wheels were turning and hte jeep was going nowhere. (Of course being who I am I did get it out :) )

I'd like the tire to had treads on the side of the wheels as well. For getting up a climb from the side, or if I need to turn the wheel all the way over and dump the clutch in third to right the jeep.

Noise is of no concern to me. This is my TJ. It's meant for offroad use and the occasional drive around town with the top/doors off.
So what is the tire for me?:dunno: Or do I need to invest in a tracked vehicle.:loco:

So your willing to buy tires for the Jeep but not the Vette? Tyrones going to get jealous.

·
Super Moderator
12,796 Posts
Lol, I'll never forget getting th ZJ stuck.

·
Can Raw time The Stig!
7,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So your willing to buy tires for the Jeep but not the Vette? Tyrones going to get jealous.
NL get's all the attension for now.:cool:

Rich, I remember getting unstuck with fond memories.:loco: Wasn't that weird. We were both out of the truck walking around it, and all four wheels were turning at idle.:blink:

·
Registered
454 Posts
I have Nitto Mud Grapplers on my truck. They have the tread on the sides and are sure to grip any any sort of mud with huge blocks of tread. its just a mean looking tire.

·
MistaFunktastic
466 Posts
if mud is the name of the game then interco is the name of the tire. most aggresive mud tire for the MUD. decent on rocks and in sand. you need a tire with large tread voids to help throw the mud out of the spinning tire so you can get a better bite. larger voids mean a louder, faster wearing street tire. take a look at what they offer, i'd say a set of truxus m/ts would be a good choice, the siping will be great in the wet winters we have here.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Try the new BFG Mud-Terrain KM2

Boggers are great tires but most are bias tires(Strong but very stiff). The jeep being as light as it is will ride like Sh$t on the road unless you air them down. Downside to that is they will wear faster and eneven. Get BFG's new Mud-Terrain KM2 which are Radial and in both 6 and 8 ply. They have the side tread and can be ran down the X-way at 75mph with plenty of air in them.

·
No longer the monkey butt!
1,248 Posts
I love my BFG Mud terrains. They have lugs on the sides, ride good, and seem to wear really nice too.

All of the reviews on them are great as well. When in mud they did awesome

·
pavement sucks.
12,784 Posts
I would say a Bogger or an LTB. Unless you spend the green on the new BFG M/T 2's (not available in 15" wheel yet), Interco is the way to go.

You also need to lock the rear on that thing. 33's is pushin it on a Dana 35 axle though.

·
No longer the monkey butt!
1,248 Posts
Cant you still get the old series MT's? I picked my last series from Raben tire for a real decent price!

·
in the process of ka-t
906 Posts
how about some tsl thornbirds? i will sell my 33/12.50s for 3500 obo.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts

·
DICKEL
345 Posts
i run IROK's and havent had any problem with them.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts