502 Street Scene Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
The P stands for Awesome
6,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know of a good Anti Virus/Pop Up Blocker/Anti Spyware etc.
The past day or so Ive been getting pop ups out of no where...and yeah, if its free thats awesome, if not, ill do whatever I need to do...

I normally wouldnt be worried and just do a system restore, but one of the pop ups was iwon.com...so yeah, im tryin not to get pwnd

·
ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒÉ
2,985 Posts
trendmicro isn't bad even though it doesn't like other programs. do the free trial and stop updating a couple days before it ends or try avast and spybot.

·
Y B C M
1,570 Posts
trendmicro isn't bad even though it doesn't like other programs. do the free trial and stop updating a couple days before it ends or try avast and spybot.
umm not a good idea man, unless you keep it up to date you might as well have nothing

every day there are a large number of viruses created... so if you dont update, the program does not protect ..

but there are plenty of FREE ones that work well.. AVG, avast..etc

·
Violated...
2,854 Posts
Another happy AVG Free + Ad-Aware 2007 user here.

I'm amazed at the amount of people that use that bloated piece of shit Norton dishes out as a security solution these days. Sure, it protects just fine, but if it takes up as much system resources as a dozen spyware aps rolling full force, why bother?

AVG Free Edition Download

Ad-Aware Download

Avast is great too, but AVG seems to be a bit more user friendly without sacrificing resources.

/thread

·
ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒÉ
2,985 Posts
umm not a good idea man, unless you keep it up to date you might as well have nothing

every day there are a large number of viruses created... so if you dont update, the program does not protect ..

but there are plenty of FREE ones that work well.. AVG, avast..etc
true but the virus has to be found before av companies can protect you so there is always a chance. If you do a new trial every few months i'd say more than likely you'll be good with some of the full version trial programs.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts