502 Street Scene Forums banner
1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Dealer in Destructive Service
4,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I've decided after this deployment I'm going to have my bonus cash and I'm going to South Carolina for a few years with no deployments. Finally, I can sink myself into a hobby and actually enjoy it. So...

I gotta get a ride. I'm keeping my options open. I'm really leaning on the 01 Cobra... maybe a 93 Cobra right now, but I've considered other shit.

I mainly just want something fun to drive, handles or has the potential to handle well and be competitive in one of the street prepared classes. I'd prefer RWD but I'm open to other options... AWD is cool, FWD maybe but i'd prefer not to.

$15k is the high dollar, what are my options? Better yet, what would YOU do with 15k if you had to start from scratch.

EDIT: NO MIATAS!

·
Registered
6,202 Posts
Heres what i'd do with 15k. Buy an 01 Altima. Build the KA. Boost the KA. Have fun with no traction. And then put the rest into an IRA.

Edit: Get something AWD.

·
Registered
8,228 Posts
shiat son, entire new drivetrain. it has run for quite a while.
oops sorry. Once again I'm out of the loop. Damn living so far away has its disadvantages. Either way I can't picture Kyle driving any import. He's too die-hard dango.

·
Registered
5,319 Posts
Older Impreza with STI motor swap. To bad your aren't into Miata's you could have a really nice fast one for $15k imo

·
Dealer in Destructive Service
4,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Not my style

an 03 cobra
I wish, that's the dream ride. I *could* afford one, and probably be somewhat comfortable, but it'd require getting into more debt than I want to.

Either way I can't picture Kyle driving any import. He's too die-hard dango.
Nah, not extremely die hard. I'd drive an import. Honestly thought about bumping the budget up a teeny bit and picking up an S2K or something of that sort. Also, believe it or not, I have a secret soft spot for Phoenix Yellow ITRs w/ rota slips ( I feel like such a ricer ).

Older Impreza with STI motor swap. To bad your aren't into Miata's you could have a really nice fast one for $15k imo
I don't want a car that I have to construct to even begin to enjoy. No motor swapping or any of that gay shit. I've been a part of several and they're all headaches that end up with people spending much much more than they originally wanted to.

Miatas... eh... say what you want about me but I really can't get past how feminine they are in my eyes. I know they're fun to drive, but I just feel like a fruit in one.

·
Registered
5,319 Posts
Miatas... eh... say what you want about me but I really can't get past how feminine they are in my eyes. I know they're fun to drive, but I just feel like a fruit in one.
lol I wouldn't drive one either but for Auto-X thats where its at.

·
Super Moderator
12,796 Posts
My TTZ. You could even have money left over for tuning it to its potential.

·
Premium Member
32,284 Posts

·
Premium Member
32,284 Posts
Not my style

Nah, not extremely die hard. I'd drive an import. Honestly thought about bumping the budget up a teeny bit and picking up an S2K or something of that sort. Also, believe it or not, I have a secret soft spot for Phoenix Yellow ITRs w/ rota slips ( I feel like such a ricer ).
Then get either one of those. Both are forces to reckon with in their stock classes.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
OH BOY!!!!
4,678 Posts
Kyle my rx7 is for sale 5,500. Finished 2nd in EM this season with 170K suspension. Put 500-750 towards redoing the suspension and have a autocross dream. I've already have a set of racing wheels to throw in with it and two new hoosiers as well. Save the other 8-9K on your daily driver or go crazy on mine since its already pretty clean.

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/8c62a2d1-e1a4-4019-9e2c-9a16013930bb.htm

·
Keeping it real
9,573 Posts
You could pick up a Supra or an 03 Cobra for 15k. Why not wait till after your deployment and pick since you know prices will go down in that time.

1 - 20 of 99 Posts