502 Street Scene Forums banner

201 - 220 of 244 Posts

·
Still Sippin' Their Kool-Aid
10,681 Posts
When I worked at A&F they gave us this room spray bottle to spray basically everywhere. I have noticed lately that the smell has been much stronger, so I'm wondering if they have some kind of automatic spray thingamagiger. :) lol
The last time I was in there the chicks that worked there were walking around double fisting cologne bottles and spraying the entire store down.

·
blah blah blah
13,047 Posts
my corrado was never finished and that's why it never ran. It was stolen as well but I recovered it and then sold it. As for blowing it up, okay maybe not, you might just suck a glove into it. So who died and made you giant douche of the year?
Well, when you tell me im gonna blow my car up do you expect me to come back and be a big sweetheart? Yeah, I did suck a glove into my turbo..but it sure didnt blow up it ruined my turbo and then i got a better turbo to replace it so in hindsight it was a good thing actually.

I was just voicing my opinion that it is silly to spend that much money on jeans. Im sure the denim is just so great, but i just dont understand why someone would spend so much on something as simple as a pair of jeans. And dont tell me buying a turbokit is a waste of money on a car forum...other than that Im as nice as can be. I just like to state my opinion and dont care if people like it or not. I could care less who likes me and who doesnt...ill just be honest and you can judge for yourself.

·
blah blah blah
13,047 Posts
Not you but other members on here, and you don't jump their dick.
they also arent obsessed with expensive denim either....:eek:

·
blah blah blah
13,047 Posts
dylan is my hero.

·
blah blah blah
13,047 Posts
haha, well done sir.

·
has nice headlights
16,048 Posts
Well, when you tell me im gonna blow my car up do you expect me to come back and be a big sweetheart? Yeah, I did suck a glove into my turbo..but it sure didnt blow up it ruined my turbo and then i got a better turbo to replace it so in hindsight it was a good thing actually.

I was just voicing my opinion that it is silly to spend that much money on jeans. Im sure the denim is just so great, but i just dont understand why someone would spend so much on something as simple as a pair of jeans. And dont tell me buying a turbokit is a waste of money on a car forum...other than that Im as nice as can be. I just like to state my opinion and dont care if people like it or not. I could care less who likes me and who doesnt...ill just be honest and you can judge for yourself.
point being, you can't bash someone for what they like, if you spend gobs of money on something else, like a more expensive two seater car. You can say you upgrading from a Miata to a S2000, is like me upgrading from Old Navy jeans to SFAMK jeans.

·
seriously.
2,602 Posts
I've actually got kind of a funny story regarding Abercrombie's cologne.

Before we were married, my wife said I should buy some of their cologne. So we went into the store in the Mall St Matthews and proceeded to look for a tester so I could see if I liked it. Upon finding no tester in sight, I asked one of the girls who worked there if they had a tester I could sample.

She informs us they don't have one, so I ask if I could open one of the bottles to smell it. She says she has to check with her manager. After disappearing for what seemed like 15 minutes, she said we could not, but that the cologne was what they sprayed in the store and on the clothes and I should just smell the store. :blink:

Obviously, I could smell it, but out of principle tried logic with her. I basically said "If you spray the store with the cologne, then you should have some open bottles of it. Why don't you get me one of those to sample?" She just stood there looking perplexed and began to repeat the entire conversation we just had. We just walked out of the store mid-sentance.

It was at that point that I made the decision I will never set foot in or around an Abercrombie atore again.

·
Registered
4,303 Posts
hahahaha thats pretty funny. i hate generalizing but a lot of abercrombie workers (not all) are definitely not the smartest of the bunch.

·
blah blah blah
13,047 Posts
point being, you can't bash someone for what they like, if you spend gobs of money on something else, like a more expensive two seater car. You can say you upgrading from a Miata to a S2000, is like me upgrading from Old Navy jeans to SFAMK jeans.
Well technically I can bash someone for no reason if I feel like it...and thats the truth. Here is the point I am trying to make...people love cars, and this is a car forum. This isnt a jean forum....maybe this should be 502jeanscene.net or something? I know what your saying about spending more money to upgrade to a new car....but people love cars...and people love to spend money on cars. Take a short drive and youll find lots of nice cars...i bet those people had shitty first cars and then eventually got something better right? So are all those people dumb? Now in contrast a VERY SMALL percentage of people like designer jeans...why? because its a waste of money...you cannot convince me its not...no matter how hard you try.

·
Registered
15,588 Posts
Better denim, cut, and stitching. Most people go through what, 10 pairs of jeans in a year? At an average of 35-40 dollars a pair. I buy maybe two pairs and they last me forever. So at a 100-150 dollars a pair we spend about the same amount on jeans. Quality over quantity. It's like buying one good mop a year versus buying 100 swifer sweepers. I have a Hilfiger H collection button up shirt that retails for $150 bucks, but with some handy shopping I got it for 80. Dumb to spend that much on a button up, maybe. But I have had it for almost five years. I hasn't faded, shrank, or busted a seem. I didn't buy it for the name, it doesn't have a noticeable logo on the thing, I bought it because it was made with Italian fabric and it was hand stitched. Why buy a BMW when you can buy a Civic and it will do the same job? Because you can.

·
blah blah blah
13,047 Posts
Better denim, cut, and stitching. Most people go through what, 10 pairs of jeans in a year? At an average of 35-40 dollars a pair. I buy maybe two pairs and they last me forever. So at a 100-150 dollars a pair we spend about the same amount on jeans. Quality over quantity. It's like buying one good mop a year versus buying 100 swifer sweepers. I have a Hilfiger H collection button up shirt that retails for $150 bucks, but with some handy shopping I got it for 80. Dumb to spend that much on a button up, maybe. But I have had it for almost five years. I hasn't faded, shrank, or busted a seem. I didn't buy it for the name, it doesn't have a noticeable logo on the thing, I bought it because it was made with Italian fabric and it was hand stitched. Why buy a BMW when you can buy a Civic and it will do the same job? Because you can.

who in the hell goes through 10 pair of jeans in a year? Do you think I just suddenly hit a growth spurt at age 25? I have jeans from 5 years ago that I still wear...and they are cheap pieces of crap jeans too. Looks like your theory just got shot to pieces...next.

Reactions: 19psi

·
Two tons of FWD awesomeness..
7,616 Posts
My wife still wears a B.U.M. long sleve shirt that I bought in Vegas 14 years ago (when I was 13!!) It wasnt very expensive back then, but has held up perfectly...so you dont have to get high-end brands to get solid construction

·
blah blah blah
13,047 Posts
10 pair of jeans in a year....wtf. Sorry it's just amazing that you could be this retarded.

·
blah blah blah
13,047 Posts
My wife still wears a B.U.M. long sleve shirt that I bought in Vegas 14 years ago (when I was 13!!) It wasnt very expensive back then, but has held up perfectly...so you dont have to get high-end brands to get solid construction
THANK YOU!

201 - 220 of 244 Posts