502 Street Scene Forums banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
boost daddy
3,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it acceptable to change someone's post even though their post is relevant to what is going on in the thread and only discerning to you because of your "Personal" inadequacies?

This occurred in my thread recently when I agreed with Timlush on something, but also wanted to state that he is in fact "retarded" and probably only came to the conclusion from having read other people's comments prior to him.

http://www.502streetscene.net/forum/showpost.php?p=2524993&postcount=7

This post as you can see has been modified by him to say something that I would never personally agree with or say. I understand he is the moderator for that particular section; but to my understanding a moderator is also a mediator who; is supposed to maintain a middle position no matter what is being said, unless what is said breaks the rules. I see nowhere in the board rules that you cannot name that someone is slow or lacking in intellect.

Thanks for your time.

Dave

·
Hates UK for no reason at all
3,487 Posts
I think he has no reason to be upset, it's not like timlush did anything all that bad, just doing something that he wants. I'm sure there's no written rule against it somewhere. Mod's are given their powers for a reason. To do what they want/when they want

·
Moderator (again)
12,752 Posts
I think he has no reason to be upset, it's not like timlush did anything all that bad, just doing something that he wants. I'm sure there's no written rule against it somewhere. Mod's are given their powers for a reason. To do what they want/when they want
:)

·
boost daddy
3,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think it is a show of abuse of power. Mod's are given that power to keep their prospective forums inline not make themselves feel better about being inadequate and not able to physically mentally or humanly stand up to another person.

I believe that these issues start small and may go unnoticed by others, but if one of your posts were changed and your "public point of view" marred then you wouldn't be happy about it either.

My point is I publicly believe him to be retarded- he doesn't like this, and thus changed it to be what he wants.

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
:drew_fu::drew_fu::drew_fu::drew_fu::drew_fu:

:p
This looks like one of those 3D pictures that you have to cross your eyes to see... I think I am going to pass out.

·
It's a fuck off machine, Lee
20,215 Posts
I think it is a show of abuse of power. Mod's are given that power to keep their prospective forums inline not make themselves feel better about being inadequate and not able to physically mentally or humanly stand up to another person.

I believe that these issues start small and may go unnoticed by others, but if one of your posts were changed and your "public point of view" marred then you wouldn't be happy about it either.

My point is I publicly believe him to be retarded- he doesn't like this, and thus changed it to be what he wants.
:wtc: :wtc: :wtc:

·
boost daddy
3,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Any constructive thoughts on this. Tim maybe you could chim in and give a good reason to modify someone's post; and relate doing so to being a moderator?

·
Drool Story Brah
5,556 Posts
Seriously? Spray through it teal, at least you can say you took the high road.

Reactions: Heather

·
showing you who's boss!!
12,245 Posts
Holy LOL.

Reactions: red98gst
1 - 20 of 47 Posts