502 Street Scene Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
paint that was wet is now dry
10,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
someone in my family had a mental breakdown and bought a honda..

now the transmission has failed in it.. he said it is a 2.2 4 cylinder?

i thought they put only 6's in those cars..but anywho..

he got a quote to remove and install a remanufactured transmission ( auto by the way) for 1k..

honda gurus chime in.. is this a good deal or does it suxor?'

i thought the cool think about a honda was that you could go to any junkyard and pick up spare parts for cheap.. kind of like datsuns or nissans///

any help is appreciated...:D

·
Ecu HackAr
6,059 Posts
They make accords in 4 and 6cyl. You should be able to find one around 200-400 dollars.

I paid 250 for the last one I bought.

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
The 5th gen auto trannies aren't so great, so even a newer one might go out again. However, finding an Accord auto at the junkyard will be much easier than when my manual needed replacing. I was quoted around $1k by a couple places just to R&R the tranny, that didn't include the price of a rebuilt one or fixing mine. Ended up buying a newer trans and doing it myself for about half that. Now I know why they wanted so much, not something I care to do twice.

·
paint that was wet is now dry
10,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks so far for the responses... any places or contacts that i can call about getting a transmission..

or a cheap place to get it installed...

·
Ecu HackAr
6,059 Posts
thanks so far for the responses... any places or contacts that i can call about getting a transmission..

or a cheap place to get it installed...
nothing is cheap anymore :hahano:. Autolab can help you out with the install and possible find you one.

I bought mine on ebay.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts