502 Street Scene Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
TopperAlum
10,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok ive bought a new battery and oriellys told me i had a bad diode in my alternator but it still runs fine, but it will cut hard on the highway and then sometimes when i get to a light it will just die and then be very hard to restart, please help im lost
thanks
bret

·
TopperAlum
10,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yea im thinking its something to do with the disty is there anyway to check these tho??

·
TopperAlum
10,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yea but thats why i changed the battery and its been all good since then except for the occasional dieing??

·
smarter than you
12,705 Posts
if the alternator was broken, then.....it caused the battery to die. As a result you'd need to replace the alternator to prevent the battery load to weaken. Or not having enough amps to power the coil.

·
m3
1,217 Posts
its the alternator....I'm working on jeep right now thats doing the same thing and killed the battery...I put another battery on it and the multimeter says its charging but I too took it advanceauto and they too said bad diode sucking on the battery when I'm not looking I suppose? lol...anyway swap the alternator..

·
smarter than you
12,705 Posts
they are the same, then again, i'm not a huge fan of used parts when you can get a good unit from hondaautomotiveparts.com or from autozone, etc

1 - 15 of 15 Posts