502 Street Scene Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
RIP
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 96 240sx se. What is needed for the front and rear swap? I have been searching but i cant really find any good material.

My main concern is the brake booster, Will this need to be changed with the swap?

·
Streetricin Daily
2,652 Posts
If you do rears you will need the 300zx backing plate with all the ebrake assembly since it uses interior pads for the ebrake (like larger trucks).

If you do fronts only it just requires the caliper,rotor, 4 lug can be used with drilled rotors for 4 lug and you dont have to change the master cylinder.

Now if you use rears also you need the 300ZX master and booster if you can. The 240sx has a fitting though that has to be drilled out and placed into the 300zx master cylinder. I believe it is a compression fitting or restriction of some sort.

·
Premium Member
11,857 Posts
You don't HAVE to change the booster, but most recommend it. Didn't your car used to be an auto? ALot of guys say they love how the brakes feel with the stock s14 auto booster.

·
Registered
11,111 Posts
I just went through all this a few months back. Fun stuff. But well, well worth it. Only thing I would like to change is to switch to an auto brake booster. I've been told that makes the pedal feel a little softer. Right now, with stainless braided lines all around and the manual booster, my brake pedal is pretty stiff. I'm used to it now, but it was a little awkward at first.

The thing that is the hardest to find is the stuff for the e-brake. You need the backing plates from a 300zx, and you can use R33 (Skyline) e-brake cables for an almost direct fit.

The e-brake ended up being more expensive than I originally thought it was going to be, too. My full brake setup minus the e-brake was $450, used. (That included all 4 calipers, conversion lines, master cylinder, used front rotors and new rear rotors and pads). All the stuff for the e-brake was over $300 all together. It was $120 for the assemblies themselves, $100 for all new shoes, and $110 for the R33 cables.

·
I'm thinking Arby's
9,907 Posts
stock s13 manual brake booster with z32's all the way around with no problem here. I like the way they feel.

·
turbo dizzle
1,805 Posts
what ever you need to do the swap. i have it, come buy it from me.

·
Registered
461 Posts
i'm running z32 front calipers, 30mm rotars hawk pads, r33 rear calipers with a modified r32 ebrake cable, heard the 33's cable is a perfect fit, anyways i changed the mastercylinder when i did the brakes feels great also went with steel braided brake lines from enjukuracing, no cuting or modifying anything on an s13 (just make sure the calipers come off a TT and i believe 93 and after were all alluminum calipers vs cast)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts