502 Street Scene Forums banner
1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
I-RBR 10/11/12/13 Champions!
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Love the new look. Looks a lot more expensive than it actually is. This is the only shot right now. :MONEY:

·
Really cool in person.
7,849 Posts
not feelin it...yet... but I had to see the current model in person before I liked it so who knows.

·
¡Órale, vato!
1,339 Posts
Looks overstyled to me.

Too many ripples on the hood, too much going on with the lower lip. The wings next to the emblem in the grill looks like a handlebar mustache.

Too often car companies do that as mid model face lift. They just busy things up style-wise, pile new elements on top of old. It ends up looking like an overly complicated mishmash.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
:hsdance:

Only thing I like about the new model is, the taillights.

·
Really cool in person.
7,849 Posts
I hope they put the Sonata's 2.0T into this thing.
You would rather have that than the 4B11T that already comes in the car?

The 2.0T from the Sonata might be rated higher from the factory (I think its 274 vs 210) but I'd take the detuned Evo motor any day. It's a couple parts away from Stock Evo power or more, and i'm sure the aftermarket is better.

·
4,890 Posts
I hope they put the Sonata's 2.0T into this thing.
You would rather have that than the 4B11T that already comes in the car?

The 2.0T from the Sonata might be rated higher from the factory (I think its 274 vs 210) but I'd take the detuned Evo motor any day. It's a couple parts away from Stock Evo power or more, and i'm sure the aftermarket is better.
thats the same engine....
Theta/Theta-II Engine - 2.0L
Hyundai Genesis Coupe Port Injected 2.0 Turbocharged (2010~)
Hyundai Sonata GDI 2.0 Turbocharged (2011~)
Kia Forte 2.0 (2009~)
Kia Optima GDI 2.0 Turbocharged (2011~)
Kia Sportage GDI 2.0 Turbocharged (2011~)
So why aren't more big pawr Genesis' running around right now?
Throttle body and ECU hold them back on the turbo ones.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Jalopnik said Hyundai contacted them and said this was a photoshop, so it's not legit.
Unfortunately Seth, that's what the 2013 front end will look like. This picture might be a little photoshoped but I have seen a lot of pics on the forum and it seems to be legit. :wtc:

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
So why aren't more big pawr Genesis' running around right now?
Local or around the US ?

Ill leave these here...

SFR 380GTT Twin Turbo 3.8 V6 from Seoulfulracing

RMR 5.0 GDI

updated with vid
2012 Hyundai Genesis Coupe Concepts, V8 / Supercharged V6 - SEMA Show 2011 - YouTube

A 2JZ GTE swap was also started but never finished because:

According to an email to a member of another forum, the project was cancelled. Apparently the buy who worked there with a GC is no longer employed there so they pulled the plug.

·
I WILL preach on
2,811 Posts
That looks ridiculous to me. If I can see three different cars in just the grill, there's too much going on. They took a GTR grill and stuck an '07 Accord grill above the center bar and an '08 Accord grill under it.

Tack on the charger hood styling and it's really dredging the bottom of the barrel.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts

·
i <3 back tits
8,760 Posts
that 2jz looks like it was made for that car

1 - 20 of 84 Posts