502 Street Scene Forums banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Illegal Immigrant
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed HID headlights into my 2001 gti vr6 about a year ago and i havent had any problems (except the bulbs went out once or twice). But this morning the passenger side wouldnt turn on, so i figure it was the bulb and i take it out and it looks fine. I replaced it with another just in case and it still doesnt work. I thought it might be the ballast so i take it out and try it on the drivers side and it works!

I dont know what else it could be. Maybe the wiring? Nothing seems to have short-circuited as far as I can tell but I'm not positive. If anyone can help it would be much appreciated!!

·
ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝ&
6,384 Posts
I know what the problem is. It's a VW. They have all types of electrical problems. My buddy has an 02 jetta and his headlights do the same thing. I think he said it has to do with the wiring to the headlight.

·
Grenade Free America
1,108 Posts
lol dado ur stupid. its prillo the wires you remember how it always use to flicker but why dont you just get a whole new kit?

·
Registered
119 Posts
I know what the problem is. It's a VW. They have all types of electrical problems. My buddy has an 02 jetta and his headlights do the same thing. I think he said it has to do with the wiring to the headlight.
i love my GTI but i agree. I dont even have brights :)

·
Illegal Immigrant
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
lol dado ur stupid. its prillo the wires you remember how it always use to flicker but why dont you just get a whole new kit?
lol its not the kit cuz i tested the bulbs and the ballast on the drivers side and it works fine. but the stock headlight wires have electrical tape everywhere so its probably something wrong with that

·
Grenade Free America
1,108 Posts
thats true one of the worst cars when it comes to electricity and sensors. other than that the car is nice.

·
Grenade Free America
1,108 Posts
lol its not the kit cuz i tested the bulbs and the ballast on the drivers side and it works fine. but the stock headlight wires have electrical tape everywhere so its probably something wrong with that
damn that sucks. back to rockys garage :loco:

·
Grenade Free America
1,108 Posts
haha already been there. im gonna need some professional help on this one. i might take it to ben on national tnpk or eso
lol dude take off the elec. tape off the stock wires see whats up mabi you can fix it.

·
Grenade Free America
1,108 Posts
yea ill try that today. theres like 5 million wires in there though! :( i might just buy a honda...sike!! haha
that would be the best thing you do for your self in your life. theres nothing like a honda ;)

1 - 20 of 47 Posts