33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
1996 Buick Riviera Supercharged
VIN # 1G4GD2214T4712640
Front wheel drive
Automatic
Exterior: Pearl white
Interior: Tan
Interior fabric: Leather (in excellent shape)
How many miles are on the engine/chassis? 143k
Is the engine rebuilt? No
Is the title clear or salvaged? Clear
Any new or replaced OEM parts? Replaced the gas line and oil pan several months ago.
Any new/upgraded aftermarket parts? Replaced the brakes on the rear awhile back.
Are there any problems with the vehicle? None

This car is in excellent shape, I have many records for it. Runs great and is very strong (240 hp, 280 ft lbs tq). Has ABS, Traction control, dual airbags, power seats, memory presets for driver, tilt wheel, power windows and locks, factory power sunroof, ice cold A/C, hot heat, heated driver seat, reinforced doors (protection from side impact), factory chrome wheels, keyless entry, factory alarm, factory radio with CD and cassette player, very good ride. Backseats are very roomy and this car could easily hold 4 adults.

Only reason I'm selling it is because I want something sportier to drive. This car needs nothing and it's been a daily driver as long as we've had it. My asking price is $4500 or trade. Trades must be in similar condition, no junk cars that need many repairs. Will consider most any trade, but would prefer sporty cars or something luxurious along the lines of a Mercedes, BMW or Audi.

Conact me via PM and we'll go from there.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just curious, if my car was a busted down piece of junk would you all be interested? Seems like everyone jumps all over a Honda or some junky car that has a lot of stuff broke on it with high mileage and lots of questionable "repairs" done to it. My car is perfect and needs no repairs on anything. Anything that needed repairing has been professionally done, nothing is held on with glue or anything cheap. My car is fast already, if you wanted to make it faster all the motor parts made for a Regal GS or a Grand Prix GTP use the same motor so the same parts would fit.

I mean if this is Import, Slow and Junk car sales only just say so and I'll list my car somewhere else...

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
This car is pretty fast. My buddy has one and it keeps up with my brothers GTP.

You should trade me for my civic then sell it.
Bump for you

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sorry if I came off as rude, I just don't see why a car with nothing wrong with it has no interest. I'm not selling this because it's falling apart or needs some major repair or anything I just want something different. Anyone care to tell me what it is about it? Is it because it's a big car? Domestic?

·
The Heartbeat of America
2,486 Posts
its cause people on here are instred in hondas and other jap cars its not that yours is junk its that everone well not everyone on here likes hondas

·
Respect My Authorita!!!!
6,449 Posts
yeah most people dont like those kinda cars, if you have a family or do alot of long trips this car would be badass for it, but most younger people dont like the bigger cars like that, if i had the money i would more then likely get it i mean what the hell would be fun to have a car you can fit a hole family in and still fast enough to scare you're self in haha, good luck on the sale though man its a very nice looking car.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well thats just the thing, it is my first car. I have no problems driving it despite the fact many people would say it's long. I had someone intrested before but they said it was too long and they didn't think they would be able to drive it. Doesn't feel like a big car to me, but I haven't driven anything much smaller. I've considered something like a Crown Vic Police Interceptor but most I have found are pretty trashed on the inside with high miles. I look at it this way, start out driving a big car and get good at it and you can drive pretty much anything since most vehicles just go down in size.

But yes, the aftermarket for this car is about non-existant at least as far as car specific cosmetics. I can't buy the nice little things that make it look great because they don't make any for it since it's a kind of rare car to begin with. I wouldn't mind a ride that isn't as soft and this thing is so I'd just like something more sporty. Also, it's an auto and I'd like to learn a 5 speed (although I still might consider a car with an auto).

·
The Heartbeat of America
2,486 Posts
id try elsewhere

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well, my car is faster than an Integra or any of those other built up jap cars everyone on here seems to be in love with. I'm none to worried about any of them unless they've got a turbo or something. No body with any jap car has ever cut me off yet. I mean if someone on here wants performance my car has it already.

Like I said in another thread, we used to have a '97 Park Avenue with the 3.8 L non-supercharged and some guy with a fairly new looking Integra thought he was going to cut us off but when you stomp it the 3800 goes. The guy had some mods done because it made a good kind of loud noise. It was just too slow. And my car has the same motor with a supercharger and 40 more horsepower. More HP is as simple as a smaller pulley. Here's a video of one punching it.

I think no one here knows anything about what a Riviera is. You'd have to ride in one to know. The 3800 series are extremely reliable motors too and I have found a lot of them with the S/C and without with 200k+ miles and still running good. I wouldn't want to trade for some of these little japanese cars though, they're so little you're dead if you get in any wreck. I've at least got the satisfaction my car is heavy and long. I've leaned against japanese cars where the whole quarterpanel dents in while I'm leaning on it.

But if you people love junky and slow cars go ahead and buy 'em - this car isn't one of them. I mean this forum seems full of almost nothing but rice lovers and albeit I don't hate them they're not as great as you all make them out. Honda's have their timing belts that 75% of the owners of don't know anything about and never change, Toyota's are generally very boring and mainstream, Acura's are just rebadged and pricey Honda's (The same could be said about Lexus and Infiniti) and Mitsubishi's are horribly unreliable and not that fast despite what everyone who's driven one has thought (I've not found one that ran good yet.). I like Nissan, I can only fault them on using that nasty CVT transmission in more of their cars and for being kind of expensive.

So in any case, final bump. Sorry my car's not a POS with duct tape all over it or needing some "minor" repairs to get running right or just a little TLC with just a little bit of rust or some old car from the 80's with a carb that won't start half the time unless you kick the dash three times and wiggle the key or some other BS.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts