502 Street Scene Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was on my way home from work last night and started to smell something burning. I looked down and my instrument panel was black. Also, my parking lights and taillights were out. Turn signals and brake lights still work. I found a blown 15A fuse for the small lights under the hood, replaced it, turned the headlights on to check and it blew almost instantly. I had trouble getting to the instrument panel and gave that up. If anyone has any ideas, I would really appreciate it. Please, I need to work tonight...

·
Ecu HackAr
6,059 Posts
For a fuse to blow something has to be shorting out. Start checking for bare wires in the circuit causing it to ground out and pop a fuse. You could put a larger fuse in and see how long it last, bump it to 20a. Its not going to fix your problem more then likely, but it will give you alittle more time with a meter to trouble shoot.

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Did you recently did any electrical work on your car? Check for any exposed wires or grounding issues.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no, I haven't done any electrical work lately... I bought a new relay, hoping that might be the problem. no go...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts