502 Street Scene Forums banner
586K views 15K replies 152 participants last post by  SilviaSean 
#1 ·
Seems like the majority of people in Nissan's section of 502ss own a 240sx, but I personally have only seen about 5-7 240's on the road. Maybe its just me but I want to see what else is in the 502 area. Post pictures of your 240sx for me and the other noobies to see.. Thanks

Reactions: Darkbullet
#416 ·
Well ain't that a kick in the nuts. Irony is a motherfucker ain't it. Yes, for once, I was borrowing one of YOUR tools. I used it last night, its already been returned. It was just your harmonic balancer/steering wheel puller anyway.

Zapp: no I was NOT shopping the rice aisle! I was just browsing......lol

Here's what I was workin on:

Yeah I was putting that wheel in. Last night I find out the bolts that attach it aren't in the kit. Had to wait til this morning to go get some pretty ones from Fastenal. THEN, I find out that the bracket that attaches the horn button is missing. So off I went to the land o rice (Pep Boys) and found a Grant GT button I could modify to make work. All good now, horn and all. And its prettier than the button that came with it!

Then Nick came over. I was doing the lazy eyes thing to his 240, and we brainstormed and came up with a slick new fog light idea. I think it worked out pretty well, heres a crappy raining nighttime cell pic to tease you. I'm sure he'll get some good ones up later.

#418 ·
Lookin good! Maybe its just the pics, but it looks like maybe you need 1 more nice even finish pass on the hood. Looks a touch blotchy, but still an improvement!

#421 ·
It does need more on the hood, it is how it looks. this is just one coat on it. i need to get a trigger cap for the nozzles to make it easier for nice even strokes. i feel a blister coming on my trigger finger. I still have a ways to go to make every thing look clean. it will be a 10ft paint job but meh i do not care since it will look better than it did.

#428 ·
Yeah we cut the brown wire lol. We also did a slick little stealth mount on the fogs. Not really useful for actual light, but he just wanted them for the look anyway. HID's will get you all the light you need lol.

Brandon: Have I mentioned I have a gravity feed HVLP paint gun? Just sayin. Used it to paint motorcycles back in the day, haven't sprayed anything in years though. Might be fun to try, get some cheap ass flat paint from somewhere like Smart Shoppers and see whats what lol.

#437 ·
Brandon: Have I mentioned I have a gravity feed HVLP paint gun? Just sayin. Used it to paint motorcycles back in the day, haven't sprayed anything in years though. Might be fun to try, get some cheap ass flat paint from somewhere like Smart Shoppers and see whats what lol.
I will keep that in mind if this paint does not hold up. but this time around going with the spray cans.

#434 ·
I did it the way you looked it up! EXACTLY! You must be looking at a different write up this time lol. Send me a link, I'll take a peek at it, and we can swap it around sometime. No biggie, it was ultra easy to do and will be simple to change.

#438 ·
The way we did yours is easier actually. Since the button on the dash is not momentary, its an on-off switch and once you click it you have to click it again to get the lights to stop. Pain in the ass. I'll look for some other write ups or schematics for the switch in the back, see what I can come up with. I might just come up with my own. What if i put a toggle on the brown wire for you, so when you flip it the lights work exactly like factory? Then, if you wanna lazy eye it, you flip the toggle, then push the button I put in today to move them? Might be best of both worlds then. All it would take is another toggle and 5 minutes.

#439 ·
Mine is real easy all I do is turn lights on turn off then tap momentary til position I like then flip lights back to on position and I'm good and if I want to raise them real quickly without fucking with it I just have to hit the brights and they pop right up. In my opinion they're better than any write up I've seen.

#445 ·
I was just in there working on Nick's fog lights, there's a TON of space in there to work with. Just gotta be patient and look for it.

#446 ·
Does anybody have the plate that bolts to the bottom part of the fender to make the shark nose bumper flush with the fender? They didn't use these on pig nose fenders.. I need the passenger side one asap! Thanks. I will try to find a link to what i am talking about.. lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.