502 Street Scene Forums banner

1989 Sentra GA16I alternator plug help plz

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  LuckyRPS13 
#1 ·
My buddy pointed out that one of the wires on my alternator plug looks like it had been roughly handled. So I'm trying to remove the wire from the plug on my alternator so I can repair it, and I can't seem to get it to release. I've looked around several places for diy info, but I haven't had much luck except for a few videos on youtube. Tried to stick a pin in what looks like the access hole to unlock the pin, but it's not working. I don't know if I'm doing it wrong or if it's a different setup than what I watched, but any help would be appreciated. It's a female plug, 2 prong type. Thanks.

#2 ·
got it fixed. Ended up cutting it, heat shrinking it, and putting it back together. I would still like to know the answer to my original question for future reference, though. Incase I need to re-pin something in the future.

#3 ·
Typically with most of the plugs I have dealt with on older Nissan from year 86-05 ish, you have a retainer clip that you gently pry out, then lift a plastic tab/hook for the individual pin, and pull the wire/pin out. some of the larger plug such as the one you maybe working with do not have the retaining clip it just has the plastic tab/hook holding the wire in.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.