The NRA needs volunteers! - 502StreetScene
Forum Garage

Remember Me?
Go Back   502StreetScene > 502 Community & Interest > Area 51 > Guns, Ammo & Grenades

Thanks Thanks:  0

Old 06-20-2014, 06:55 PM   #1
AErrorist
go away...in any language

AErrorist AErrorist AErrorist AErrorist AErrorist AErrorist AErrorist AErrorist AErrorist AErrorist AErrorist
The NRA needs volunteers!
A friend of mine is the new campaign field rep for the NRA here in town, and she's looking to build a list of volunteers to help here this election season. If you or anyone you know is interested shoot me a PM with your contact details and I'll get her in touch with you.
AErrorist is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-31-2014, 07:27 PM   #2
TRAVR6

TRAVR6 TRAVR6 TRAVR6 TRAVR6 TRAVR6 TRAVR6 TRAVR6 TRAVR6 TRAVR6 TRAVR6 TRAVR6
Volunteers to do what?
Go door to door?
TRAVR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 07:47 AM   #3
WebHitch
Under a bridge waiting

WebHitch WebHitch WebHitch WebHitch WebHitch WebHitch WebHitch WebHitch WebHitch WebHitch WebHitch
What a wonderful chance to feed the lobbyists and be part of the problem.

Old 09-01-2014, 09:52 AM   #4
TRAVR6

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebHitch View Post
What a wonderful chance to feed the lobbyists and be part of the problem.
Part of the problem as in defending the Constitution and being the largest provider of gun safety literature/training to children?

The majority of the NRA's money comes from it's members unlike the anti 2nd groups which get the majority of their money from rich elitists like Bloomberg, Soros, and Gates.

Not sure what exactly you mean.
Old 09-01-2014, 04:31 PM   #5
JESUS_Rodriguez
Brutalizing Members Since 03

JESUS_Rodriguez JESUS_Rodriguez JESUS_Rodriguez JESUS_Rodriguez JESUS_Rodriguez JESUS_Rodriguez JESUS_Rodriguez JESUS_Rodriguez JESUS_Rodriguez JESUS_Rodriguez JESUS_Rodriguez
Send a message via AIM to JESUS_Rodriguez
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRAVR6 View Post
Part of the problem as in defending the Constitution and being the largest provider of gun safety literature/training to children?

The majority of the NRA's money comes from it's members unlike the anti 2nd groups which get the majority of their money from rich elitists like Bloomberg, Soros, and Gates.

Not sure what exactly you mean.
I think he means you're being used as sheep for all those with special interests connected to the firearm industry. They've been saying "They're gunna took r guns!!!" for years now and the sheep have bought up all the guns and ammo they can find like lemmings, lining the pockets of those in the industry. I'm a gun owner but people are using the 2nd amendment to milk stupid people of their money.
Old 09-01-2014, 06:29 PM   #6
AErrorist
go away...in any language

AErrorist AErrorist AErrorist AErrorist AErrorist AErrorist AErrorist AErrorist AErrorist AErrorist AErrorist
Glad to see this went so wildly OT so quickly. TRAVR6 I sent you a text message if you see this before you get it.
AErrorist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 08:28 AM   #7
TRAVR6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JESUS_Rodriguez View Post
I think he means you're being used as sheep for all those with special interests connected to the firearm industry. They've been saying "They're gunna took r guns!!!" for years now and the sheep have bought up all the guns and ammo they can find like lemmings, lining the pockets of those in the industry. I'm a gun owner but people are using the 2nd amendment to milk stupid people of their money.
You do realize that is the goal of groups like Brady don't you? Their goal is to take your guns. They have changed their wording to "common sense gun control" but their true intent is a total gun ban.

As for the nra and special interest groups.... you are merely spouting untrue far left lies.
The majority of the money brought in by the nra is from memberships.
Compare that to mayors against illegal guns, Brady group, and every other anti 2nd amendment group which gets most of their money from a few rich elitists.

Which side is really on the side of the people? A thinking man would say the one that gets most of their support from those people

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
Old 09-02-2014, 09:54 AM   #8
WebHitch
Under a bridge waiting

WebHitch WebHitch WebHitch WebHitch WebHitch WebHitch WebHitch WebHitch WebHitch WebHitch WebHitch
interesting so the idea that both are bad isn't an option? It has to be one or the other?
WebHitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 10:07 AM   #9
Valex
Master Debater

Valex Valex Valex Valex Valex Valex Valex Valex Valex Valex Valex
Send a message via AIM to Valex
Did you seriously delete my post, which wasn't bad at all, because it's your thread?

You realize this is off topic, correct? Complete abuse of mod powers, by the way.
Valex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 10:33 AM   #10
TRAVR6

Quote:
interesting so the idea that both are bad isn't an option? It has to be one or the other?
The idea is an option. I just haven't seen any proof from a constitutional perspective that the nra has done or is attempting to do anything unconstitutional.

They might bad in some other way but that isn't what I was discussing.

Old 09-02-2014, 10:34 AM   #11
TRAVR6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valex View Post
Did you seriously delete my post, which wasn't bad at all, because it's your thread?

You realize this is off topic, correct? Complete abuse of mod powers, by the way.
I hope not. I am 100 percent against censorship. As long as there is no name calling and it is a respectful addition to the debate.

Old 09-02-2014, 10:42 AM   #12
WebHitch
Under a bridge waiting

Quote:
The idea is an option. I just haven't seen any proof from a constitutional perspective that the nra has done or is attempting to do anything unconstitutional.

They might bad in some other way but that isn't what I was discussing.

Unconstitutional is the only thing of interest. Not what's good for our country?
Old 09-02-2014, 10:50 AM   #13
TRAVR6

Quote:
Unconstitutional is the only thing of interest. Not what's good for our country?
What's good for the country is not violating the constitution.

That is why there is an amendment process. If the 2nd amendment is no longer needed then amend the constitution.

The 13th and 19th amendment don't really apply to me but if people were making others be fingerprinted, take a test, pay for the test, pay other fees, have a background check, get permission from the govt, pay renewal fees, have a picture taken, etc.... All before they could exercise their constitutionally guaranteed rights, I would be just as opposed.

Just take the restrictions currently placed upon the 2nd amendment and apply then to all of them.

See how many are opposed.
You can't just defend the rights you like and take the ones you don't like away from others.

They are called rights for a reason.

Old 09-02-2014, 11:14 AM   #14
WebHitch
Under a bridge waiting

Quote:
What's good for the country is not violating the constitution.

That is why there is an amendment process. If the 2nd amendment is no longer needed then amend the constitution.

The 13th and 19th amendment don't really apply to me but if people were making others be fingerprinted, take a test, pay for the test, pay other fees, have a background check, get permission from the govt, pay renewal fees, have a picture taken, etc.... All before they could exercise their constitutionally guaranteed rights, I would be just as opposed.

Just take the restrictions currently placed upon the 2nd amendment and apply then to all of them.

See how many are opposed.
You can't just defend the rights you like and take the ones you don't like away from others.

They are called rights for a reason.

I agree that is why we have an amendment process. The constitution was designed to be changed. This includes our so called rights.
Old 09-02-2014, 11:34 AM   #15
TRAVR6

Quote:
I agree that is why we have an amendment process. The constitution was designed to be changed. This includes our so called rights.
I agree. The problem is no one has amended the constitution so any restrictions to it are violations.

I disagree that the 2nd needs to be amended but agree that if others think it needs to be changed they should go through the proper process.