502 Street Scene Forums banner

Harley Truck Detail

3K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  Senior 
#1 ·
Did this truck for 502 member Venom (Brandon). These trucks are really nice and it was a pleasure to make it look even nicer. The plan was to do a full correction. After taking paint readings and seeing how low they were in certain areas, we opted for a medium polish. The truck polished up very nice giving much better depth and gloss.

Foamed with DG-902

Wheels were failry clean to begin with. They got cleaned with APC+ and then Iron X. Barrels got cleaned as well.

Taped up and waiting multiple test spots.

Truck was in great condition other then all the swirls.

Some of the paint readings were very low. Some panels read in the higher 60's. This made us change our plan from full correction to
just a polish.

Left side polished. You can see how the right looked grey with all the swirls.

LSP used was Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant. This should easily last him through the winter months and looks great.

Brandon is always kind enough to open up his garage. Some after shots under the garage lights.

Outside shots

These trucks have some really nice 22 inch wheels. They were coated with Hydro2 after being cleaned. Tires and trim dressed with Megs hyper dressing.

Reflection shot of one of his other bad ass rides.

See less See more
#3 ·
Turned out great, nice work.

I need to get my RSX detailed pretty bad.

#5 ·
Any pics of how the letters came out down the back side of the truck?

Here is your before picture:

Most people forget about this small detail on any car. Plus it'll show your attention to detail and plus I love to see hard to get spots like that shine :)

#9 ·
Thanks for all the compliments.

Sadly I did not get any other finished pics of this area other then the one that's posted. This area was definitely a pita. Pretty much working a 3inch pad in as close as possible and then doing a lot by hand is this area. It's not perfect but it turned out much better. I clean around all emblems and area like this with a fine boars hair brush during the wash process.
I won't use anyone else to detail my cars, thanks Anthony
Thanks, always a pleasure working on your rides.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.