502 Street Scene Forums banner

Duramaxtuner

3K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  iloveboost 
#1 ·
Im currently in the market for a box to put on my 06 lbz. I have narrowed the search down to durmaxtuner or just get efi live. My truck is stock besides an exhaust, which is a sliverline turbo back 4". Im not looking for crazy power levels this is a work truck and im just looking for a little more out of my truck. Has anyone used the dmaxtuner? Would you recommend them or what would you recommend? Also would the CTS Insight be great for a gauge and a switch?
thank you looking forward to some helpful feedback.

#8 ·
super chips is just about one of the worst tuning software you can put on your truck.

Get EFI live. it is hands down the best tuning software for duramaxs. The possibilities are endless. In my opinion, idaho rob of ATP and Kory Willis are the best there are. Duramax Tuner is the dealer for Kory so if you go through them you are getting his tunes. Matt Woertz up at black out in corydon is a great tuner as well, and he's local so if you ever have any problems or want to get more out of your truck he's just a short drive away and he can tune hands on. He's actually the guy im taking my truck to to build my trans and front end this month. I have Starlite tunes on my lb7 and he's good, just always busy so he can be hard to get ahold of, but he's busy for a reason, just like rob and kory are.

#9 · (Edited)
And yes, EFI live is basically you tell them what tunes you want, and what mods you have. i have an economy tune, tow tune(70hp), 90 horse tune, 150 tune, and a max effort tune which should be around 515-530 at the wheels. They then send you either a pre tuned ecm which you send your stock one back as a core, or a hand held tuner with tunes already downloaded onto which you plug into your truck and upload. You also get a dsp5 switch that you install which allows you to switch between your 5 tunes on the fly, even while driving down the road.

Oh and with the gauges, alot of people run CTS monitors because theres so many different parameters you can have on the screen, but i know of a few guys having issues with them reading boost levels accurately. i personally run autometer cobalt boost and egt gauges.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.