Cis Question - Page 2 - 502StreetScene
Forum Garage

Remember Me?
Go Back   502StreetScene > Automotive & Motorsports > Specific Automotive Tech & DIY > Volkswagen/Audi

Thanks Thanks:  0

Old 01-23-2013, 04:34 PM   #16
BennettVW
On-ramp enthusiast

BennettVW BennettVW BennettVW BennettVW BennettVW BennettVW BennettVW BennettVW BennettVW BennettVW BennettVW
Send a message via AIM to BennettVW
My car ran fine on all mechanical CIS. Granted I never dynod it, I beat the brakes off of several new, more "advanced" cars.

CIS is fine if you know what you are doing and have the correct CIS setup. Collin from TT for example, went 12s in the 1/4 in a CIS 8v Rabbit.

Old 01-23-2013, 05:54 PM   #17
Jessipooh
Pinky's Brain

Jessipooh Jessipooh Jessipooh Jessipooh Jessipooh Jessipooh Jessipooh Jessipooh Jessipooh Jessipooh Jessipooh
...Mister if you do anything other then making it drivable. I'm going rip your dick off.
Old 01-23-2013, 06:09 PM   #18
DanJenVW

DanJenVW DanJenVW DanJenVW DanJenVW DanJenVW DanJenVW DanJenVW DanJenVW DanJenVW DanJenVW DanJenVW
Running high 12s in a car set up for drag racing with an insanely built engine by one of the pionering performance VW tuning companies really isint a testament for the mechanical fuel injection, rather the builder and engineering that went into his set up. I daily drove an 88 gti for three years on CIS with no issues from it. He asked about performance and boost, CIS isint optimal for either.
DanJenVW is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-23-2013, 06:20 PM   #19
pinky
I love my jessipooh.

pinky pinky pinky pinky pinky pinky pinky pinky pinky pinky pinky
Send a message via AIM to pinky
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanJenVW View Post
Running high 12s in a car set up for drag racing with an insanely built engine by one of the pionering performance VW tuning companies really isint a testament for the mechanical fuel injection, rather the builder and engineering that went into his set up. I daily drove an 88 gti for three years on CIS with no issues from it. He asked about performance and boost, CIS isint optimal for either.
Well I know if I wanted to make power I'd go standalone. But really I was thinking make it healthy, Later on maybe work the head just a bit throw a small cam and exhaust, tweak the cis then just mate it up with a ridiculously Geared tranny< even if I every go boost i'll only push 8 pounds out of a small 16g just to make it routy and surprise the hell out of people stop light to stop light, I'm going to use another platform to go fast with.

Ignore my wife she's peggo and moody

2.3t dunebuggy - hx35 @15psi, 42#injectors,la3 Ecuador tuned with tweecers, and much more.. less then 1700 with driver
pinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 06:31 PM   #20
DanJenVW

DanJenVW DanJenVW DanJenVW DanJenVW DanJenVW DanJenVW DanJenVW DanJenVW DanJenVW DanJenVW DanJenVW
Like motor mind said, 2.0l block with a set of street cams will be your best bet. Along with a decent header or use a dual downpipe off the factory manifold. Turn the car, you'll have more fun than trying to go straight lol
DanJenVW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 07:05 PM   #21
pinky
I love my jessipooh.

pinky pinky pinky pinky pinky pinky pinky pinky pinky pinky pinky
Send a message via AIM to pinky
Quote:
Like motor mind said, 2.0l block with a set of street cams will be your best bet. Along with a decent header or use a dual downpipe off the factory manifold. Turn the car, you'll have more fun than trying to go straight lol
I'm going to leave it a 1.8 for a good while, if not forever

Only way I'll be swapping the the bottom end is if I'm building it then I'll throw some rods and pistons and a nice bore and blah blah blah. But then again.. Fwd is going to kill me on speed so To go fast I want something Awd.
pinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 08:48 PM   #22
MotorMind
Ninja Obama

MotorMind MotorMind MotorMind MotorMind MotorMind MotorMind MotorMind MotorMind MotorMind MotorMind MotorMind
16V has dual downpipe stock in all chassis/engine sizes/management system.

Bennet has it right, it's obvious it has limitations, but I wouldn't upgrade unless i was going ITBs or forced induction, and he said he wasn't planning on boosting it.
MotorMind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 02:54 PM   #23
BennettVW
On-ramp enthusiast

BennettVW BennettVW BennettVW BennettVW BennettVW BennettVW BennettVW BennettVW BennettVW BennettVW BennettVW
Quote:
Regardless of whether its a stock engine or a fully built drag motor. That definitely proves the CIS is capable of being used under a high output application. Im not downplaying the build like it was some junkyard build, but he did that through a normal European CIS injection. Of course CIS is not optimal for anything really, but it definitely works just fine if you know what you are doing. Adding a megasquirt or a stand alone to this car is just asking for headaches.
BennettVW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 03:38 PM   #24
CRXdragK20

CRXdragK20 CRXdragK20 CRXdragK20 CRXdragK20 CRXdragK20 CRXdragK20 CRXdragK20 CRXdragK20 CRXdragK20 CRXdragK20 CRXdragK20
I remember back in the day someone put a 4g63 AEM and Mitsu harness on a 16v. I still have the video somewhere of the first fire and them adjusting the cam angle sensor.
CRXdragK20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 09:36 PM   #25
BennettVW
On-ramp enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRXdragK20 View Post
I remember back in the day someone put a 4g63 AEM and Mitsu harness on a 16v. I still have the video somewhere of the first fire and them adjusting the cam angle sensor.
Yeah, Ive seen some pretty similar things. Ive seen hondata on them lol.
BennettVW is offline   Reply With Quote