502 Street Scene Forums banner

What i've been working on.

16K views 133 replies 21 participants last post by  WebHitch 
#1 ·
I was a bit down on power and I think I see why..

I installed the M-Tuned Coolant Reroute and combined it with the BEGi Reroute. Also Note i added a 6 speed tranny with a 3.63 Ring and Pinion Gear.

Switched to a set of Toyota COPs. this has been tested to 28 PSI with a .043 Gap. on other folks set up. I'll be no where near 28 PSI.

Stainless Steal hard lines on the Turbo for coolant.

I changed the routing of the oil feed and pulled it off the oil pressure sensor instead of the Oil filter relocation kit. Also got the Manifold and Turbine House Ceramic coated again.

New Clutch and Lighter Flywheel.

I still have a few more things to do but I've got a good start and hope to have it back together for the meet... we shall see...

See less See more
#10 ·
Make sure you torqued that cover right - I think mine is over-tightened, as steering is very stiff at low speed (worse than when I just looped the lines on my old Civic).

#28 ·
Single disk..... that ACT you put in ended up being garbage the pedal feel was a joke and two of the four springs in the disk were loose. Strange thing was the disk was an Excedy and the Pressure plate was ACT. Could have sworn I bought an ACT HDSS kit.

#34 ·
It starts... YAY! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHuPlLVQE34

I had to remove the Toyota Coils and use a set of 2001-2005 Miata coils I had sitting around. I'll get back to the Toyota set up at a later date. They didn't' seem to want to work in a wasted spark set up. I never could get a spark. I'm sure it's something I was doing wrong with the ignition set up on my ECU.

#36 ·
I do have a spare Torsen but i'm going to hold on to it. I have a spare Open diff i'll let go cheap. Would give you a chance to set it up with whatever diff\gearing you want while still driving your car. I'll let it go for $200.

I'm running the Hydra EMS it does have settings I can change but I never found the correct combo. It's a project for a later date I just want to get it moving so I can enjoy it.

BTW I'm the guy you bought the Mid Pipe from.

#39 ·
First test drive tonight all went well. Going to call Bluegrass Muffler in the morning and get a 3" Exhaust from the DP back. Then front end alignment and then time for a tune. Thinking I might give Ludwig a call and see if he has time to tune this bitch.

Hopefully I can make the next meet.

#41 ·
Just got it back from the Exhaust Shop today. I haven't been able to get on it to see how it sounds in the upper RPM ranges under load but sounds good so just toolin' around. I'll try to get some Video with sound here soon. I'm thinkin' the next step is to contact Ludwig and see if he has some time.

Do you think if I yell his name three times he will show up like Beetle Juice?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.