502 Street Scene Forums banner

Audi A3 vs Lexus IS 300

2K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  ZStilger 
#1 ·
Hey Y'all still alive out here.

Went through a couple cars since the 2000 Solara.

Had a 2010 scion, and most recently a 2013 Lexus IS 250 RWD, that I completely FREAKIN totaled on Friday and probably should have died.

Anyways.

I am looking at the 2017 Audi A3 AWD, and the 2018 Lexus IS 300. The IS has a RWD which is a 4 cylinder and an AWD which is a V6. The 4 Cylinder seemed a bit more peppy too me. I think the AWD gives the car too smooth of a feel and I'm not necessarily used to that, makes me think its more of a granny car although it isn't. I think the new design of the car is a bit like a cockpit. I love the Audi A4, the technology is amazing and I love that it is a tiny car.

I'd have the sport and technology package on the A3, the Lexus I'd more than likely buy new unless I decided to wait for a 2016-2017 to roll around.

Does anyone have any input or guidance they can give me? I want this car to last me the next 5 years or so, before I upgrade.

See less See more
#6 ·
For me personally I would go with the Lexus. RWD or AWD, Toyota seems to be more reliable and cost of ownership seems to be less as well.

Thats just my opinion but there is plenty of support for either platform in the area and great community revolving around both brands.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.