502 Street Scene Forums banner

Help with Lexus codes p1351 and 1354

11K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  zcgod 
#1 ·
Hey guys my family has two cars that are acting up right now. Both are 1999 Lexus and here are the symptoms

99 rx300
Code P1354 Runs bad when it reaches operating temperature.

99 ES 300
Codes P1351, P1354, VSC, and VSC OFF illuminated. Runs poor at temperture and smokes. Oil does not seem to be contaminated however it was just changed.

Any help would be greatly appriciated.

Thanks
Todd

#2 ·
#3 ·
could be a number of things for the vvt to have malfunction codes, ocv is the culprit most of the time with the vvti system, go to the dealer and get a new oil control valve filter and change it after you remove it and the housing and clean it. the ocv valve is what controls the oil input to the vvti gears to control the vvti timing, if it is cleaned and still does it then remove the vvti gearset and clean them, when was the last time the timing belt was replaced?

#5 ·
I ordered a new OCV from the stealership and should hopefully have the RX300 up and going next week. Does the cold weather have anything to do with this type of failure? I know BMW's can have problems with the oil separators in cold like this. Again thanks to all who replied.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.