Help!! My Car Wont Go Into Gear!!! - 502StreetScene
Forum Garage

Remember Me?
Go Back   502StreetScene > Automotive & Motorsports > Specific Automotive Tech & DIY > Honda

Old 07-27-2003, 01:29 AM   #1
gsr778
Slower than stock.

gsr778
Help!! My Car Wont Go Into Gear!!!
Heres the story. My 95 Acura Integra GSR was doing perfectly fine up untill I left Taco Bell. I put my car into reverse and its really hard to go into gear when i try to put into 1st its even harder to go into gear. I stop at a stop sing and when i try to put the car into 1st or any gear for that matter it wont go in at all no matter how hard i try or how far i push in the clutch. The only way i can get it to go is to turn the car off slip it into gear and then start it but the only catch is that the car still goes forward even with the clutch to the floor. I looked at the clutch slave cylinder and it didnt look like there was any fluid leaking at all. But i had just installed some polyurathane motor mount inserts a week earlier, and upon further inspection found that the bolt connecting the rear motor mount bracket to the engine had some how unscrewed itself out. So there is little to no rear support for the engine. The clutch is hydrolic so the best I can come up with is that its either the slave clutch cylinder or the master clutch cylinder. Neither of which is cheap. So if any one has a clue as to what it may be your opinion is highly appreciated.

"Speed kills, if you want to live get a honda"-unknown
"Why is that car so loud but its not going anywhere fast?"-my wife

Last edited by gsr778; 07-27-2003 at 01:40 AM..
gsr778 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-27-2003, 08:15 PM   #2
Malambri
死神

Malambri Malambri Malambri Malambri Malambri Malambri Malambri Malambri Malambri Malambri Malambri
Send a message via AIM to Malambri
ive no idea about the problem, but i do that we all miss you joel!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jank View Post
If you had an apple with a staw n you poked the apple though wit it and a pebble hadnt dropped through itd stop straw insde the apple because gravity cant apple
Malambri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2003, 08:25 PM   #3
Tim_TechSupport
RabbitJeff

Tim_TechSupport Tim_TechSupport Tim_TechSupport Tim_TechSupport Tim_TechSupport Tim_TechSupport Tim_TechSupport Tim_TechSupport Tim_TechSupport Tim_TechSupport Tim_TechSupport
Hmmmm, I don't know much, but I can throw 2 cents ur way, if it won't go into gear, makes a grinding noise etc, first suggestion would be to check clutch master fluid, to see if it has any, then, the clutch slave may have gone out, but it would seem like somehwre in the hydraulic line would be the prob
Old 07-27-2003, 09:27 PM   #4
gsr778
Slower than stock.

gsr778
The clutch fluid was at the right level and it was not making any grinding noises, just would go into any gear.

Joey i missed you also. I just got the internet at home. When you gona call me foo.
Old 07-28-2003, 01:27 AM   #5
h23civic

h23civic h23civic h23civic h23civic h23civic h23civic h23civic h23civic h23civic h23civic h23civic
Send a message via AIM to h23civic
its probably not the master cylinder as that would effect the actual engagement of the clutch itself. your pedal is pushing down fine but its not wanting to go into gear. hmm i'd say it doesn't have to do with the motor mount unless its actually making your motor and tranny tilt to an angle causing the gears to not be lined up correctly. that would make it not want to go into gear if the angle was bad enough. also check and make sure the slave cylinder isn't bad. get a pro to look into it. it could be stuck in all the way effecting your shifting. not sure what else to tell you but good luck fixing it. also i don't think it would be the rear motor mount since the actual tranny mount would be the most important for that.
Old 07-28-2003, 01:58 AM   #6
allison
snark snark snark

allison allison allison allison allison allison allison allison allison allison allison
this may sound simple but I had the same exact problem in my corrado. All the pos needed was a new clutch.
allison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2003, 07:37 AM   #7
Malambri
死神

Malambri Malambri Malambri Malambri Malambri Malambri Malambri Malambri Malambri Malambri Malambri
Quote:
Originally posted by allison
All the pos needed was a new clutch.
lol, i dont know why this is funny to me. maybe im actually crying, not laughing.
Old 07-28-2003, 09:13 AM   #8
korb
AKA korbzama

korb korb korb korb korb korb korb korb korb korb korb
Send a message via AIM to korb
yeah my clutch was doing that when i needed a new one.

Slabs:
99 Honda Civic Si
1993 Turbo Maita
1991 Plymoth Laser
1967 Chevy Camaro Z28
2004 Chevy Tahoe
1993 RHD EG6
1997 240sx SE
1993 Turbo S13 Coupe
korb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2003, 11:44 AM   #9
gsr778
Slower than stock.

gsr778
Well i changed the clutch master cylinder and it kinda works better. I bled the line and all but sometimes it still wont go into gear. So what i do it turn the car off, put it in the gear i want to be in, start the car, then take off and i can start driving normally to a certian extent. When i come to a stop i down shift and the car shuders and while in gear with the clutch in there come a strange hissing/grinding noise coming from what apears the to be the trany. But this noise can only be heard from at idle. So right now im completely stumped.
Old 07-30-2003, 12:06 AM   #10
Malambri
死神

solution : b18c5 swap!!!111
Old 07-30-2003, 12:45 AM   #11
gsr778
Slower than stock.

gsr778
Why get a c5 if i could get a h22? Ohh if it was as easy done as it is said. I am taking donations to the "Joel needs a new h22 fund". So if you have some spare change to give me feel free to call and i will drive over to pick the money up.
Old 08-05-2003, 02:08 AM   #12
iloveboost
sucks!

iloveboost iloveboost iloveboost iloveboost iloveboost iloveboost iloveboost iloveboost iloveboost iloveboost iloveboost
Send a message via AIM to iloveboost
what is wrong with this kid, its a simple fact its your fucking clutch why the hell dont you just put a new clutch in it you probley tore the springs out of it like i did because it has happend to me once with my acura and once with my dsm so why are you tearing the hell out of the tranny, just put a new clutch in it, either that or keep tearin shit up and spend a whole lot more money than it would have been to change a clutch.
90 s/s coupe small motor, big turbo/ glide
03 dmax ppe hot+
03 turbo busa 64 inch 8.37@167. 5.43@141
iloveboost is offline   Reply With Quote