502 Street Scene Forums banner

1995 Tercel spark plugs

4K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  druology 
#1 ·
how can i change the plugs on my 1995 toyota tercel?

It has the twin ground electrode spark plugs. I havent dealt with these before, and i thought someone on here has.

Let me know. Thanks

#3 ·
HHMHMHMHMHMMMMMMMMMMMM???????

how can you unscrew something that doesnt unscrew?
on top of the valve cover, above the 3rd and 4th cylinders, there is an electrode grounding box with wires and a harness

obviously......i need to ask someone that knows more than you.

sorry, but smart ass replies, gets you an even smart assier replies.
:naughty: :naughty:

#5 ·
Those are probably coil packs. Unplug the harness, unbolt the coil pack, and pull it out. Then remove the spark plug from the hole w/ the appropriate socket and extension.

#6 ·
the twin ground electrode has nothing to do with whats outside the motor........

quick searching.....outta try using Google......

Question: 1995 Toyota Tercel mileage: 82000. I am replacing the spark plugs in my Toyota Tercel. The manual calls for twin ground electrode spark plugs. The replacement from the charts says I can use Autolite 3924. My question is--If I use the Autolite 3924, which is cheaper, will I hurt the car or its performance.

Answer: The Autolite plugs will not hurt your engine, however, you will probably find the recommended spark plugs will perform better.

another link.......

http://www.tercelreference.com/articles/spark_plug_and_wire/spark_plug_and_wire.html

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.