502 Street Scene Forums banner

Intake Fab Question

92K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  GaragePar 
#1 ·
I have posted this in the Bluegrass Muffler section as well.

For my car (06 Civic Si) there really is no quality intake system. The Short Ram Intakes have shown minimal to no power increase. The cold air intakes do show a power increase, but compromises drivability due to the new MAF system in the new Civic Si. A lot of people have made power without compromising drivability with a icebox kind of design which retains the OEM Mass Airflow Sensor. A few companies have released this style intake for my car, but they are $700+ and I am not looking to spend that much cheddar for an intake. Would you all be able to fab up something of this sort?? Or would it be a bit of a pain in the ass?? Here is a picture for reference to what I am talking about... I know its a Civic Type-R but the intake design is pretty much identical. My design is the bottom pic and what I am shooting for is the top pic.

See less See more
#2 ·
so your basically just wanting a straight tube from the bumper area up to the stock airbox to feed it cold air and get rid of the resonators etc.?
seems simple but something like that im sure bill will do but he would have to see the car to give an estimate on it, and he wont be back until monday and im sure he will post up then

#3 ·
Pretty much. From what I have read Honda routed the intake to resonate off the fender to amplify that vtec noise that everyone happens to love so much. So I do not believe there is any functional benefit from a performance standpoint with routing the intake tube to hit the fender.

It doesn't really appear to be to complicated to me either, but I have little to no mechanical no-how. I would rather this project be in the hands of someone who knows what they are doing. Haha.

#4 ·
that could be done, the price however is impossible to quote without having the car since I would A)need to see the space Im working with which would B)tell me how many bends I would need and C) the radius of the bends required which can sometimes every further dictate the price of the material.

Either way I agree it looks easy enough and we could help you out. Please call sometime and run the car by for further info.

thanks

-bill

266-6646

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.